It’s NOT the World Cup of (largely) Classical Music:
This is the playlist of all the games in Group C.
Each team in each game in round one of the football World Cup represented by a [short] piece of music, the pieces matched up like they’re the games and then people listen and voted… winners at the bottom!
- ARGENTINA – Adriana Figueroa: Audacius Tango
SAUDI ARABIA – traditional Ardah dance
- MEXICO – Manuel Ponce: Intermezzo
POLAND – Grażyna Bacewicz: Scherzo
3.POLAND – Witold Lutosławski: Little Suite Mvt.1 , Fujarka
SAUDI ARABIA – Talal Maddah: Listen, darling, don’t mistrust me!
- ARGENTINA – Alberto Ginastera: Malambo from Estancia
MEXICO – Gabriela Ortiz: Kauyumari
- POLAND – Henryk Górecki: Little requiem for a certain polka, mvt.2
ARGENTINA – Astor Piazzolla, Libertango
- SAUDI ARABIA – Bint Salem: Everyday
MEXICO – Arturo Márquez Conga del Fuego Nuevo
- Argentina bt Saudi Arabia
- Mexico bt Poland
- Poland bt Saudi Arabia
- Mexico bt Argentina
- Argentina bt Poland
- Mexico bt Saudi Arabia
MEXICO won the group, with three wins, with ARGENTINA in 2nd place. They go through to the next round